Monday, March 24, 2014

Tomorrow is game day! How am I fueling for it?


Since tomorrow is game day, how will I be fueling my body? Not with a bowl of cereal, not with scrambled eggs and biscuits, but a hearty breakfast of lean scrambled grass-fed beef, onions, mushrooms, and spinach topped off with freshly diced tomatoes and a protein shake. You certainly would not want to eat this right before teeing off, tip off, or kick off, but with a 30 minute ride to course and an hour warmup, it is the perfect breakfast to have me ready for the course. It is a breakfast that will stay with me and keeping me going until the first snack of the round. Protein bars, fruit, protein shake, and coconut water will keep me fueled on a warm, but breezy day and get me through the five hour round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment