Friday, March 28, 2014

EAT: Lunch at 2Good2B, San Diego, CA


Ok, so after I raved about 2Good2B Bakery in my last blog post, I found myself with a day off and in downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp District. It was lunch time and I was right down the street from 2Good2B's San Diego location that just opened. What a great chance to check out something besides their sweets (ok, ok, I had dessert too!). The San Diego location is a gluten free, corn free, and soy free bakery just like the Encinitas location. 


I tried the Roasted Turkey Panini. Yum! It came with a huge side salad. I got the panini without the Ceasar spread and it was great without it. The bread was soft with a nice crunch from the grilling, not crumbly like a lot of gluten free breads. I added a Mexican Coke, made with sugar, not corn syrup. It was my first Coke in three years! 



Back to what 2Good2B does best, desserts! I tasted a slice of their carrot cake. Wow, so good and moist. Their San Diego location has a good variety of cupcake choices, but not as many as the Encinitas location. They also make wedding cakes and had a sample on display. 



I really liked the vibe of the 2Good2B San Diego location. Sleek and modern with fun colors and a nice outdoor seating area, it is a great addition to the Gaslamp District. Check it out if you are in the area!

2Good2B Bakery and Cafe
423 F Street
San Diego, CA

1 comment:

  1. 2Good@B's Turkey panini is such a delight to the eyes; surely, it tastes yummylicious just as well. I love that it has huge heap of salad - sure helps counter the meat! Such a nutritious meal

    ReplyDelete