Saturday, March 29, 2014

Breakfast On the Road


Frequent stays in hotels have their perks, but what do you do if you have food allergies and the breakfast selection is gluten-filled, even in the concierge lounge? This morning was one of those mornings. My platinum status at Marriott put me on the concierge floor with access to the lounge, which is a great perk. The breakfast included lots of cereal, pastries, breads, non-gluten free oatmeal, yogurt, and eggs, all of which I am allergic to. I did find a small selection of fruit and some bacon... slim pickings. Fruit and bacon tides me over for about two hours tops, so I grabbed a travel blender I brought with me and my favorite protein powder. I found my small blender at Walmart and I use Nature's Pearl's NP Pro Vanilla Protein Powder. I was able to find ice, orange juice, and pineapple to mix with my protein powder to make a filling smoothie that will keep me going on the course, field, or court. You can use any fruit you can find (I was hoping for strawberries and banana) and any juice available to help keep you fueled until your next meal. I have even seen small peanut butter packets that would be great with chocolate flavored protein powder. Safe travels, road warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment