Tuesday, July 8, 2014

EAT: Sweet Radish Bakeshop, Charleston, SC


Sweet Radish Bakeshop is a dedicated gluten free bakery in Charleston, SC. I was excited to check it out when in Charleston. A small storefront located on St. Philip Street in downtown, the Bakeshop had a good variety of gluten free options. 

The Bakeshop also does custom orders to accommodate all allergens and requests. A variety of muffins, doughnuts, cookies, and quiches were on display the day I stopped by.
I tried the chocolate chip cookie and the peach strudel muffin. Yum! The cookie was moist and chocolatey, as well as being a good size for a snack or dessert. The peach strudel muffin was delicious! Great crumble topping and the peach chunks were a welcome surprise.

My only issue was the limited hours of operation. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays, open Wednesdays through Fridays from 9am to 4pm, and open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Not being open for the after-work crowd or for those wanting to grab a quick dessert after dinner downtown could be problematic, but being open on Saturdays and Sundays is a good compromise, as many gluten free bakeries I encounter on my travels are not open on Sundays. 

I look forward to returning to Sweet Radish Bakeshop on my next visit to Charleston!

Sweet Radish Bakeshop
207A St. Philip St. 
Charleston, SC 29403
www.sweetradishbakeshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment