Wednesday, July 9, 2014

EAT: Hank's Seafood Restaurant, Charleston, SC


I was in search of some great seafood in Charleston, SC. I mean, I am at the coast, right? Hank's Seafood in downtown Charleston on Hayne Street is a great option. It did not have a gluten free menu, but my server was very knowledgeable about food allergies. What a relief since there are a lot of yummy sounding fried gluten-filled seafood items on the menu!

Hank's was packed on a Thursday evening and has a fun and "happening" atmosphere. Thank goodness we had reservations!

To start the meal, my dinner companion and I shared the Ceviche, a concoction of shrimp, smoked salmon and tuna, marinated in lime juice, cilantro, jalapeƱo, onion, and garlic with jicama and tomatoes. It was so tasty (and we were so hungry) that I missed a photo! Sorry!

For dinner, my server recommended that the Roast Grouper was one of the best dishes on the menu and the safest for my food allergies. The grouper was served with English peas and Lobster Risotto. Very tasty!
My dinner companion also went gluten free and ordered the A La Carte Seafood of Blackened Grouper with Spinach. Tasty as well!

Hank's Seafood has a great selection of seafood options to please anyone in your party. Even though they did not have a food allergy menu, the knowledgeable servers made the experience enjoyable. I can't wait to dine there on my next trip to Charleston. Oh, and be sure to try out the Hispaniola Cocktail! Simply divine!!

Hank's Seafood
10 Hayne St. 
Charleston, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment