Friday, July 4, 2014

EAT: Slightly North of Broad (SNOB), Charleston, SC


Looking for some yummy Southern Low Country food in Charleston, SC? Looking for some yummy gluten free Southern Low Country food? Slightly North of Broad, also known as SNOB by locals, part of the Maverick Southern Kitchens, fits the bill and even has a gluten free menu!


It is always great to have gluten free options in a restaurant, but to be able to enjoy gluten free Southern cooking is an even bigger treat. Most Southern food is breaded and fried, topped with creamy sauces often thickened with flour. 

My server at SNOB was very knowledgeable about gluten free, as well as my other food allergies. I ordered the Pan Seared New Bedford Scallops with butter beans, okra, and tomato hock broth. Delicious, and I am not a butter bean fan! The scallops were perfectly seared and the beans and tomato broth enhanced the flavor of the scallops. 


My dinner companion also chose a dish from the gluten free menu and ordered the BBQ Tuna with no Oysters. The tuna was tasty with a country ham butter. 

Both dishes were fabulous, and I loved being able to eat true Southern Food that was free of my allergens. I highly recommend SNOB and can't wait to go back!

Slightly North of Broad
192 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401



No comments:

Post a Comment