Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Is Your Water Making You Sick?




Whenever I travel, I am always apprehensive about drinking the local water. Yes, there could be harmful chemicals in the water.  Yes, there could be E. coli in the water like in Portland, OR recently. Even if there isn’t, I still don’t drink the water. My body is not used to different chemicals used in other cities to purify their water, and I certainly don’t need an upset tummy while I am trying to play my sport. I always try to stick with the same bottled water as well to keep consistency (different types of foods in different parts of the world can make a tummy unbalanced enough as it is, not to mention avoiding any food allergens on the trip). It can be difficult when flying to a tournament, but when driving, I will take a case of water with me. My favorite is Le Bleu Water. It is one of the highest quality bottled waters on the market. They use a special steam distillation process and a process called “corona discharge” to purify the water and rid it of contaminates. Le Bleu water is sodium free, lead free, and chlorine free. It is even bottled in my home state of North Carolina and was named “Best Non-Alcoholic Beverage in the Western Hemisphere” at the International Food and Beverage Trade Show in Miami, FL!

It is important to be safe and healthy when traveling. Being consistent in what you eat and drink on the road can make traveling much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment