Sunday, January 19, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Starbucks??


When I found out that I needed to be dairy free, I thought my Starbucks days were over. Starbucks currently does not offer almond milk or coconut milk. The soy milk they do offer is not always gluten free. Be sure to check ingredients at your local Starbucks in case manufacturers change ingredients. After many posts to My Starbucks Idea requesting the addition of a dairy free, soy free, and gluten free milk alternative, I finally decided to bring in my own milk. Depending on state laws and different Starbucks stores, baristas are not allowed to stream your milk and some are not allowed to even pour your milk into your drink. However, I have found a solution. I order an iced coffee (my favorite is White Chocolate Mocha) except for the milk. I bring my favorite Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk, which to me, tastes just like the "real" White Chocolate Mocha, to add to my espresso shots and syrup. I have also found that sometimes I can sweet talk the barista into charging me for the ingredients I actually buy, rather than the whole drink. 

A word of caution for those with a corn allergy, be sure to check the ingredients of the syrups, as I have found that some stores have syrups that contain high fructose corn syrup.

Now, where is the nearest Starbucks??

No comments:

Post a Comment