Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Best hotels for food allergies


Traveling with food allergies can be difficult. It can mean eating out three meals a day and finding a safe place to eat is not always easy. To make my travel as painless as possible, I usually stay in hotels that have kitchens in their rooms such as Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, Hyatt House, and Staybridge Suites. For the same price or just a few dollars more, I can have a room with a kitchen to cook my own meals and snacks. Eating healthy and safely is imperative for any athlete with food allergies. I really like to be able to head back to the hotel to make a quick dinner after a long day on the golf course, instead of waiting an hour for a table at a busy restaurant. Most of these hotels offer a full hot breakfast daily and an Evening Social, ranging from heavy hor'dourves to a full meal Monday - Thursday. Due to my food allergies, I cannot always partake in these amenities, but can occasionally find something. 

A great tip: be sure to register for the frequent stay reward program at your favorite hotel chain! Being a repeat guest earns you points (sometimes airline miles) and free nights. It is great to earn perks during your stay for being a Platinum member of a hotel's loyalty program!

No comments:

Post a Comment