Thursday, June 4, 2015

EAT: Melissa's Missteak, Banff, Alberta

Breakfast is my hardest meal as a person with food allergies. Without gluten, corn, and eggs, I am pretty limited. I highly recommend when in Banff, take a short two block trip off the main street, Banff Avenue, and have breakfast with the locals at Melissa's Missteak. 
Melissa's Missteak has a gluten free menu with a pretty good number of options. Our server was even gluten free, but what amazed me was she only told me after we had finished our meal and I thanked her for taking care of us and having a gluten free menu. I have found that food allergies don't seem to be that big of a deal in Alberta. They just accommodate and serve you. 
I ordered the fruit smoothie. Made fresh in house with banana, mixed berries, yogurt, and juice, it was very tasty. 
Gluten free hash browns?!? Yes, please. Also, some bacon would be great too. 
I can't eat eggs, but my breakfast companion can, and this omelette looked great. He said it was very tasty, especially with the gluten free hash browns.  
Side note: Ketchup in Canada is corn syrup free! Be sure to check the label, but I could not find one. Perfect addition to the hash browns!

Melissa's Missteak is a great local breakfast spot in Banff. With its gluten free menu, it makes it easier to eat safely for breakfast, my most difficult meal eating out. They also serve lunch and dinner. 

Melissa's Missteak 
218 Lynx St. 
Banff, AB 
www.melissasmissteak.com



No comments:

Post a Comment