Saturday, June 13, 2015

EAT: Big T's BBQ and Smokehouse, Calgary, Alberta

Calgary, AB is known for its beef, but don't count out its BBQ. Being from the capital of BBQ, I am always apprehensive about trying BBQ from other places. Sometimes they are not even close in comparison to North Carolina BBQ. However, Big T's BBQ does a great job. I had to laugh when their beef brisket beat out the pulled pork! We are in Calgary, right?

Big T's BBQ also does a good job of disclosing food allergens in their food. Gluten free items are clearly labeled on the menu. 

I ordered the Two Meat Meal with the gluten free pulled pork and brisket. I was a little limited with the sides due to my food allergies, but was able to get a side salad and marinated coleslaw with vinegarette, not mayo. Very tasty, and like I mentioned earlier, the brisket was better than the pulled pork. 

My dinner companion ordered the Two Meat Meal as well. He decided upon the gluten free brisket and Dusty Rib Ends with spicy coleslaw and Burgoo Soup, a gluten free Kentucky style soup with lamb, chicken, and brisket. The soup does have corn in it. He also enjoyed his meal. 

Big T's BBQ has three locations in Calgary, one being at the Farmer's Market. I was pleased with the gluten free selection, and our server was nice enough to ask the kitchen when we had questions about other allergies. If you are looking for a BBQ style lunch or dinner, be sure to check out Big T's. 

Big T's BBQ & Smokehouse
2138 Crowchild Trail NW
Calgary, AB
www.bigtsbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment