Thursday, June 25, 2015

EAT: 411 West Italian Cafe, Chapel Hill, NC

411 West was my favorite restaurant in downtown Chapel Hill when I was at UNC-Chapel Hill! The atmosphere and the food were hard to beat. Pre-gluten free, I loved their pizzas and pasta. Now, I and other gluten free diners can still enjoy pizza and pasta. 411 West has an extensive gluten free menu, along with gluten free pasta and pizza crusts. Depending on your sensitivity, the pizzas are placed in the same oven as the gluten pizzas, so beware.

Stopping in for lunch one day, I decided on the Wood Grilled Pear Salad with Salmon. It included walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese. It was very tasty and perfectly cooked. I thought about trying the gluten free Pesto Pizza (my favorite from pre-gluten days), but was apprehensive due to my sensitivity to gluten. I checked on the gluten free pasta and was told it was corn pasta, a no-go for me. I was really impressed by the large selection of menu choices on the gluten free menu, as most restaurants give us only a couple of options. There are even a couple of dessert options of Vanilla Creme Brulee, Gelato, and Sorbet.

Definitely check out 411 West for an Italian experience (and ask to be seated in the atrium). They are very accommodating for food allergies and offer a nice variety of options for any taste buds.

411 West Italian Cafe
411 W. Franklin St.
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
919.967.2782
www.411west.com

No comments:

Post a Comment