Wednesday, December 24, 2014

EAT: Print Works Bistro, Greensboro, NC

Located in the Proximity Hotel, Print Works Bistro is a great fine dining establishment in Greensboro, NC. I was excited to check it out for a holiday party gathering.The restaurant is situated in a large open room, but is sectioned off into smaller areas with railing and curtains, giving it a cozy feel. The outdoor seating looked inviting and is probably packed in the summer months.
Being with a large group and no gluten free menu, I was a little apprehensive about being able to convey my food allergy needs to the server. My fears were quickly dispelled when our server said many of the dishes were naturally gluten free and she would chat with the chef to make sure I had as safe a meal as possible. 

Print Works Bistro focuses on local ingredients. It, along with the Proximity Hotel, are the first hotel and restaurant in the US to attain the LEED Platinum Certification for their sustainable and energy efficient practices. They even provide tours for students to learn these sustainable practices.
Continuing my risotto kick, I chose the gluten and corn free Shrimp and Toulouse Sausage Risotto: creamy arborio rice with garlic sauteed shrimp, Toulouse sausage, roasted sweet potatoes, kale, and crumbled goat chevre. I was interested to see how the flavors mixed and was pleased that they all "worked" together. The portion was large enough to take home some for lunch the next day.

I was very pleased how the server handled our large group and my food allergies. As the only person in the group with food allergies, sometimes I am afraid my needs will get lost, but the server assured me that the kitchen could accommodate. I will definitely return and am looking forward to trying other dishes.

Print Works Bistro
702 Green Valley Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27408
336.379.0699
www.printworksbistro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment