Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fresh Market Goes Gluten Free!


When I went gluten free eight years ago, there were not many options. I thought my grocery shopping days had been limited to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. The Fresh Market, a favorite of mine pre-gluten free, did not seem to carry many options, despite their unique selection. The Fresh Market is a small chain of gourmet grocery stores based in Greensboro, NC with over 100 locations in 20 states. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I visited The Fresh Market in Southern Pines. Wow, I thought it must be the best Fresh Market on the planet with the selection of gluten free items. I checked out the Fresh Market in Williamsburg, VA with fingers crossed that the one in Southern Pines was not just a one of a kind. To my surprise, the Williamsburg location was the same!


The Fresh Market has expanded its selection of gluten free products from many specialty brands we all know and trust, including Blue Diamond, Cup4Cup, and GinnyBakes. They even clearly mark them with a gluten free tag so the products catch your eye. 

Upon closer inspection, I found that the Fresh Market even has its own gluten free brand! How exciting! I can't wait to try out their brand. What really excites me is that many times, there is a Fresh Market when there is no Whole Foods or Trader Joe's (for example, Southern Pines/Pinehurst, NC and Toledo, OH). It can be a long week on the road with limited allergy free options!

The next time you visit the Fresh Market, be sure to thank them for carrying gluten free items and being allergy free friendly. With so many locations covering the US, you are bound to find one near you!

www.thefreshmarket.com

3 comments:

  1. This font is really hard to read. I wanted to read this, but gave up when it felt like my eyes were straining. And I'm not old or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I have changed the font. I hope it is more easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Gluten-free foods are the need of the hour and Fresh Market going Gluten-free is heartening news. I hope other supermarkets will follow suit.

    ReplyDelete