Tuesday, May 20, 2014

EAT: Food For Thought, Williamsburg, VA



Looking for a fun, allergy friendly restaurant that is not a chain restaurant in Williamsburg, VA? Food For Thought has an upbeat vibe with a plethora of great quotes on the walls and thought-provoking questions to contemplate with your fellow diners while waiting for your meal! It also has a gluten free menu with a good selection of options.

I visited on a Monday, a day when most restaurants are slow, but found myself with a 20 minute wait at Food For Thought at 7pm! My thoughts were either this place is good or there is a tour group. No tour group or big parties, other than a table or two of eight. 

When I asked the server about a gluten free menu, she said she would bring one along with some gluten free rolls. Gluten free rolls?!? With my other food allergies, I have to be careful with gluten free breads, so I asked about ingredients in the rolls. My server brought back a list of ingredients. Unfortunately, I had to pass on them since they had corn and flax, but they are made with Anna B's blend. My mom, who dined with me, said they were pretty tasty. 

Food For Thought had a dinner special of bacon wrapped filet, and I was planning on ordering that, but was told it was sold out (at 7:30pm on a Monday?!?). My mom and I both ordered the Cilantro Lime Chicken. Mom opted for a side salad with hers. I got an extra vegetable.  There were also several interesting gluten free dessert selections such as a brownie, creme brulee, and a chocolate torte, but after a long, hot day on the golf course, we both passed.

Cory, the manager, stopped by our table to see how our meal was.  I took the opportunity to thank him for having a gluten free menu and how helpful it was for those of us with food allergies.

Food For Thought
1647 Richmond Rd.
Williamsburg, VA
http://foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment