Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My first attempt at Spaghetti Squash...

was better than I expected. I purchased a spaghetti squash, thinking it would be a great alternative to pasta for my now Paleo, gluten free, grain free lifestyle. It can be found in the produce section of the grocery store and is a large round yellow squash. For some reason, I thought the insides would look like spaghetti, but it looks like a normal squash. With a little Internet research, I found out it is supposed to be baked, then you will see the "spaghetti." I dug out the seeds and cooked mine for 30 min at 400 degrees covered with foil, but I recommend baking it closer to 45 min, unless you want a little crunch to your spaghetti. The fun part begins after it has baked. You take a fork and scrape the insides of the melon. The insides come off in strings! It was quite tasty served with tomato sauce and sausage, almost like real pasta. It will definitely stay in the food rotation and will be great added to salads, one bowl meals, or as a side item. Let me know if you have tried spaghetti squash and your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment