Thursday, June 16, 2016

EAT: Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

Traveling and eating out regularly with food allergies is not easy. I tend to be selective on my restaurant choices, as I hate to feel deprived when the only thing I can eat on the menu is a plain piece of grilled chicken or a boring salad. I recently rediscovered Jimmy John's as a great option for lunch. Jimmy John's is a national chain, but highly concentrated in the Midwest and where I first discovered the sandwich shop pre-gluten free. 
Jimmy John's is a gourmet sandwich shop, but the one item that makes it my favorite sub shop is the Unwich. The Unwich is any sandwich on the menu sans bread and wrapped with lettuce. My Unwich of choice is The Country Club with turkey, ham, provolone  cheese, and tomatoes. No need for extra lettuce. 
Those with food allergies, especially gluten allergies, should notify the staff of your allergies. Ask them to change their gloves and prepare your Unwich on fresh paper. Also, if you want mayo on your Unwich, be sure to ask for the mayo packets and add it yourself. The spatula for the mayo touches bread every time it is used. 

For a great, fast, gluten free, grain free, paleo lunch, check out Jimmy John's. Just be sure to give exact instructions for your allergy needs to make sure you have a safe meal. 

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches
https://www.jimmyjohns.com


No comments:

Post a Comment