Friday, November 14, 2014

This Is Why I Blog...

I initially started my blog in hopes of help others with food allergies. I have been gluten free for 9 years, but only recently found out in the past year that I have other food allergies as well. Since my job allows me to travel and eat at different restaurants all over the world, I was hoping to help others by posting my findings. At first, I thought most people would find the larger city locations and vacation destinations to be most helpful, but I have had several blogs about more obscure restaurant locations that have assisted others as well.

Then, I received this email from a friend of mine who referred a co-worker who is gluten free to my blog:

"...per Heather’s recent Blog about going to Hall’s [in Charleston, SC], we cancelled a reservation at High Cotton and took our chances at Hall’s... It was delicious and I had fried shrimp for the very first time in 2 or 3 years.  At the end of the night I was hugging the owner!"

She is referring to my blog on Hall's Chophouse which can be found here. Now, I might add that I have reviewed High Cotton (Blog Post) as well and it is very good, not to mention very accommodating to allergies. The point is that it really makes me happy to see others with food allergies finding great food that is safe for them! I hope I can continue to help others. As always, I love hearing about your food allergy friendly experiences and please let me know if you have any suggestions on topics or restaurants you would like to see on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment