Sunday, August 24, 2014

EAT: Royal Tea and Treatery, Costa Mesa, CA

I am always looking for a fun, allergen free place for lunch in my travels. I found a super cute place in Costa Mesa, CA called the Royal Tea and Treatery! Every thing is gluten and dairy free!
The owner of the Royal Tea and Treatery, Bridget Reilly, is gluten and dairy free and is happy to accommodate other allergies. She took the time to verify ingredients to see what was also corn free for me. I tried a delicious, moist, not crumbly macaroon! The cupcakes are not corn free. 
My favorite part of the Royal Tea and Treatery, besides the allergen free food, is the whimsical decor! Bright colors and cute furniture, I felt like I had stepped into Alice in Wonderland!
I stopped by mid morning and Bridget invited me to attend a Mad Hatter Party later that day. More gluten free and dairy free goodies? Yes, please! I was also excited to meet some people from the area since I travel to the area several times a year. 
I arrived a little late and I missed the crowd, but Bridget welcomed me and pointed out which goodies were also corn free. I had the most delicious turkey avocado sandwich. The bread was soft, spongy, and full of flavor. Some of the best gluten free bread I have tasted! Zucchini salad, stuffed mushrooms, a sugar cookie, and a mimosa rounded out the meal. Everything was great!
Joanna of Queen Tut Events decorated for the party. With the added decorations, it really had an Alice In Wonderland feel. 
The Royal Tea and Treatery is the perfect place for your bridal shower, baby shower, engagement party, or birthday party. Bridget also carries gluten free and dairy free products to purchase and take home, including snack bars and cake mixes. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm, I will definitely stop by for lunch on my next trip to the Costa Mesa area!

Royal Tea and Treatery
2950 Grace Ln
Costa Mesa, CA
Royalteatreatery.com



No comments:

Post a Comment