Monday, September 5, 2016

EAT: Las Casuelas Quinta, La Quinta, CA

I don't know about you, but when the temperature gets above 100 degrees, I find I am less hungry. Spending 5+ hours on the golf course in that temperature can do that to you. When you are in the California desert, head over to Las Casuelas Quinta in La Quinta for a great meal. From the patio, complete with misters to the expansive dining room with super cool chandeliers hanging everywhere, it is a great place for lunch, brunch, or dinner. I had brunch and the live music was a welcome addition. 
Seated in a quiet booth, the heat outside called for a margarita. Las Casuelas Quinta's Cantina Quinta Margarita was very tasty and I really liked the allergy free ingredients. A good #cornfree margarita is hard to find with all those corn syrupy mixes available. When a restaurant makes a homemade mix with real juices, it is hard to pass up. 
Our server was knowledgeable about food allergies and checked with the chef about the grilled chicken marinade. I ordered the Chicken Cilantro Salad minus the tortilla strips and added black beans. The gluten free and paleo friendly salad complete with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cilantro, jicama, and tossed in a mango jalapeno vinaigrette was a large portion and very good. I highly recommend adding the salsa the server brings out with the tortilla chips. Who else declines the tortilla chips, but asks them to leave the salsa?!? I know I always enjoy the funny looks I receive.

Las Casuelas Quinta is a great healthy option for those with food allergies. The menu was extensive with all types of Mexican cuisine: enchiladas, tostadas, tacos, burritos, tamales, fajitas, etc. The restaurant provides a welcoming and relaxing environment, and I highly recommend the live music. Be sure to check it out the next time you are in the California desert!
 
Las Casuelas Quinta
78-480 Hwy 111
La Quinta, CA
760.777.7715



No comments:

Post a Comment