Friday, February 7, 2014

EAT: Orlando Smoothies!


"SMOOTHIES," exclaimed Cameron Diaz in the movie "What Happens in Vegas." That was my reaction when I stopped by Skyebird in the East End Market in Orlando, FL.

Skyebird is a vegan, organic juice and smoothie shop. They sell kombucha and raw snacks as well. Everything is organic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and GMO free. I tried the popular Skye's Fave, a smoothie with Blueberries, Kale, Bananas, Raw Almond Milk and Chia. Yum! It has a nice balance of sweetness (could not even taste the kale!) and even came in a take home/travel mason jar. I also got to sample the Ayurvedic Coffee with cherries added, a concoction of dandy blend coffee, banana, maple, coconut oil, almond milk, and cacao. It had a sweet with slight bitter taste, but a nice balance of both. I tend to find coffee to be a little bitter, but enjoyed the cherry addition. 


I was also able to sample the Strawberry Mint and Citrus Honey Kombucha. Kombucha is a naturally carbonated fermented tea with many health benefits.  Both flavors were quite tasty for my first taste of Kombucha. 


On a return trip to Skyebird, with my mason jar from my last smoothie in hand for a $0.50 discount, I tried the Spiced Pumpkin Smoothie and the Spicy Lemonade. The Spiced Pumpkin was a blend of pumpkin, banana, coconut oil, walnuts, chia, almond milk, maple, and spices. It tasted just like pumpkin pie and was a little thicker than my previous smoothie.  The Spicy Lemonade was a concoction of lemon, lime, pineapple, agave, and habanero. It was a yummy thirst quencher with a kick!


I was really excited how allergy free friendly Skyebird is! Their menu has enough variety for all tastebuds, from sweet to tart to bitter to spicy. 

Skyebird
3201 Corrine Dr. 
Orlando, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment