Tuesday, February 18, 2014

EAT: Breakfast of Champions at the Sawgrass Marriott, Jacksonville, FL



How can a food allergy sufferer eat the required "Breakfast of Champions" when he/she is traveling and can't make own breakfast?? Easy! I have already blogged about my quick breakfast granola, but what if you need a breakfast that is a little more substantial?

During a recent stay at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, I found myself at the Breakfast Buffet. This is the buffet the PGA Tour Players enjoy before their tournament rounds at the famed TPC Sawgrass. After speaking with Chef Matt, I learned that I could have several of the items on the buffet.  I did discuss more gluten free options, such as gluten free bread and granola.  Chef Matt said that they were interested in expanding their options for those with food allergies and asked for suggestions.  Luckily, I had some extra Udi's Granola in my bag to complete my breakfast. As you can see from my photo above, I did not go away hungry... fruit, juice, smoked salmon, sausage, and a couple of pieces of aged cheese.  Good sources of protein are great ways to keep you fuller longer and fuel your activities for the day.  Of course, if you are not allergic to eggs, they will make your omelets with a variety of additions.

I have found that all full scale Marriott hotels are more than accommodating for breakfast.  Many even have gluten free bread options and are eager to prepare something special for you.  Just be sure to discuss your allergen needs to the server, manager, or chef. Next time you are in Ponte Vedra Beach or the Jacksonville, FL area, be sure to check out Vernon's in the Sawgrass Marriott.  They will be happy to accommodate your food allergies and tell them I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment