Wednesday, March 1, 2017

EAT: California Pizza Kitchen

Delicious Gluten Free Pizza?!? I have not had a "real" pizza in over 12 years. I miss them. But, I have had frozen cardboard pizzas and sausage crust pizza (thank you, Lou Malnati's!). They do not quite compare to "real" pizza. You know, the glutenous, ooey, gooey, yummy pizzas everyone else can eat. However, California Pizza Kitchen is looking out for us! I had been hesitant to try one of their gluten free pizzas. What if they make them in the same place as the gluten ones? What if they use the same toppings as the gluten ones? Nope! California Pizza Kitchen has a separate space and separate ingredients for its gluten free pizzas. They have worked with The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) to create strict procedures to follow. I also like the "Gluten Free" stick in each pizza to designate and verify that it is gluten free!

I have only tried the Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage Pizza (when you like, why order something else?) and it is delish. I have eaten safely at several locations, however, my only issue seems to be cooking temperature of the pizza. One visit, my pizza was overcooked and burned on the edges (quickly corrected by my server) and another, my pizza was undercooked and the mushrooms were not even cooked (not so quickly corrected by my server and the manager). When they get the temps right, it rates right up there with a "real" pizza. I definitely recommend California Pizza Kitchen to safely satisfy your pizza cravings. 

I hear they have gluten free frozen pizzas too! Has anyone tried them? I cannot seem to find them in the grocery stores, so if you have located them, let us know.

Locations across the country. To find one near you, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment