Friday, May 20, 2016

Retested For Food Allergies

Yesterday, I received the results of my Food Allergy tests. I was retesting after several years to see if any of my food allergies have changed. This is so important to make sure you are not developing new allergies and if you can add back food previously allergenic. Of course, my severe allergies have not improved. Those will be foods I will avoid for the rest of my life. They include wheat, gluten, and corn. I had several mild allergies improve, but that may be from not eating them for several years. I will add them back slowly to see how I feel. I have several new allergies that will now make me live a more Paleo lifestyle. I am now allergic to rice and oats, so now no grains at all. Unfortunately, I ate those as my carbs, and now, I will have to clean up my diet again to make sure I am not eating foods I am allergic to. Also, allergic to cocoa?!? Not fun! A piece of dark chocolate was a great and easy gluten free, corn free option for dessert when you need a sweet treat. I will have to regroup and find some alternatives.

I will be posting new recipes as I find them, but let me know if you have experience with the Paleo Diet. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment