Monday, February 22, 2016

EAT: GlutenZero Bakery, Las Vegas, NV

I was excited to find a dedicated gluten free bakery during a recent trip to Las Vegas, NV. I have found Las Vegas to be pretty gluten free friendly (hello In-N-Out Burger!), but had not discovered a gluten free bakery until now. GlutenZero is located on the south side of Las Vegas, not far from Paradise and Henderson. 
GlutenZero is a small, quaint bakery with a large map on the wall. Each visitor can leave their "mark" on the map. It was fascinating to see that people from all over the world have visited the bakery! The owner, Clarissa, was in the bakery during my visit and was very friendly and helpful. I had a great conversation with her and another customer whose husband is gluten free. Clarissa is a great resource and she is dedicated to offering tasty gluten free choices. 
My visit was during late morning and I decided on a huge cinnamon roll as a late breakfast. Very tasty. Clarissa even heated it for me. I tend to be limited with my corn allergy, but Clarissa knew exactly which items I could and could not have. I was disappointed with the limited seating, as the bakery seems to be more of a grab-and-go instead of a sit down and enjoy. Clarissa was busy making a delicious looking gluten free birthday cake, so if you are celebrating in the area, be sure to order yours!
I also ordered a couple of chocolate chip cookies for my flight home. They were also large in size and were more crunchy than gooey.

Be sure to check out GlutenZero Bakery during your next visit to Las Vegas. The portion sizes were generous and prices were pretty average compared to other gluten free bakeries I have visited across the country. Clarissa really knows her stuff with gluten free baking and being a Celiac herself, wants to make sure great gluten free options are available to all. Definitely stop in and check out the bakery and tell Clarissa I sent you!

GlutenZero Bakery
9500 S Eastern Ave. 
Las Vegas, NV 89123

No comments:

Post a Comment