Sunday, November 29, 2015

EAT: Bloom's Deli, New York, NY

When in New York City, one must stop by one of the many Deli's for an authentic New York Deli Sandwich. But what is one to do when he/she is gluten intolerant? No worries, head over to Bloom's Deli on Lexington Ave., where they have a gluten free menu. You will find pancakes, rubens, fries, salads, and even desserts! Bloom's Deli was the only deli in NYC I found that has a gluten free menu and can make a gluten free ruben on bread!

After taking our order, our server brought us a large bowl of pickles. They were delicious and a great accompaniment to lunch!
I ordered my Ruben sandwich with pastrami. Each sandwich comes with sauerkraut. I checked with the manager and found out that the gluten free bread carried at Bloom's Deli is not corn free, so I had to pass on the bread (it is brought in from an outside source, not made in house). That did not matter, as it was still the largest sandwich I have ever seen! There was so much meat on the plate, I am definitely glad NYC requires so much walking to burn off that delicious lunch.
My lunch companion ordered the Ruben with Corned Beef. He also ordered sans bread so I could try it as well. Again, the amount of meat on the plate was outrageous, but super tasty and definitely something not to miss while in NYC. 
As if the Rubens were not enough, I asked the manager about the fryer and if the fries were fried in a dedicated fryer. She said that they have a dedicated fryer just for the fries, so we had to order them. They were great! I did miss enjoying them with ketchup, due to Heinz having corn syrup as an ingredient. 

I am really glad we found Bloom's Deli. With its convenient location in NYC and its gluten free menu, it was great to enjoy an authentic Ruben sandwich while visiting New York City. Be sure to check it out on your next trip!

350 Lexington Ave. 
New York, NY 10016
www.bloomsnewyorkdeli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment