Tuesday, September 22, 2015

EAT: Wildflour Gluten Free Bakery, Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Seattle, WA has great options for people with food allergies. It is even more exciting finding a gluten free bakery. Wildflour Gluten Free Bakery is conveniently located in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle. 
Wildflour had a great selection of gluten free baked goods, which were also corn free. It is extremely difficult to find gluten free and corn free baked goods. From cookies to bars to scones to muffins, it was hard to decide on a yummy sweet treat! I really liked the unusual combinations, Peach Ginger Muffin, Lemon Blueberry Muffin, and Blackberry Lime Daiquiri Scone!
Wildflour also has a nice selection of breads, loaves, and granola. Gluten free baguette, anyone??
Ok, let's get to what I finally decided on. The Coconut Dream Bar was really tasty. The coconut and chocolate were a great combo. The gluten free cookie crust of crumbled cookies was ok, but I liked the top layer better. Perhaps a crushed nut crust would pair better? 

I also had to try the Blackberry Lime Daiquiri Scone. When else are you going to eat that awesome explosion of flavors?? I enjoyed the scone on my flight home and wish I had grabbed a couple more. I don't get to eat scones very often, so this one was a real treat. 

When in Seattle, my top three must visits (in no particular order) are:
1. Chihuly Museum (awesome blown glass exhibit)
2. Pike Place Market (including the original Starbucks)
3. Wildflour Gluten Free Bakery

Wildflour Gluten Free Bakery
13600 NE 20th St. 
Bellevue, WA 98005
www.wildflourglutenfree.com


No comments:

Post a Comment