Thursday, August 7, 2014

EAT: Water's Edge, Charleston, SC

What is the best way to get to a restaurant? Drive a boat! At Water's Edge in Shem Creek, Charleston, SC, you can park your boat right outside at the dock. Although not dog friendly like several other restaurants along Shem Creek, Water's Edge has great outdoor seating and an outdoor bar. From the restaurants I have visited on Shem Creek, it is a little more dressy, although the outdoor bar is casual, and the first one I encountered with a gluten free menu. 
After a round of golf and an afternoon on the boat, I was hungry for some great seafood. Water's Edge has a great selection of fresh, local catch. Since we were dressed pretty casual from the boat, we sat outside in the covered bar area with a view of Shem Creek. I ordered the gluten free seafood paella, which had lobster, shrimp, clams, scallops, and mussels over saffron rice in a rich tomato broth. Delicious and not too spicy. The best part: there was a whole lobster tail in the dish!
My dinner companion ordered the gluten free Herb Seared Grouper served over goat cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus with a citrus herb beurre blanc. Very light and tasty, but I thought the paella was much better. Must have been exactly what I wanted!
Water's Edge is a great place for a nice dinner or a casual drink and meal outside, whether arriving by car or by boat. Their newly added gluten free menu has a good variety of options. It is definitely on my short list of choices for dinner on my next boating adventure!

Water's Edge 
1407 Shrimp Boat Lane
Mount Pleasant, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment